Babo Sangiovese 2016
The Babo philosophy is simple. Source the finest regional fruit from Italy, to produce wines of elegance and purity with a focus on vibrancy, texture and balanced complexity. 80% of this fruit was sourced from the Chianti Classico region from a vineyard with IGT classification planted with the ‘Brunello’ clone from a 23 year old vineyard. The remaining 20% was sourced from an 12 year old vineyard in the warmer Maremma region on the west coast of Tuscany planted to new clonal material of sangiovese. The fruit was hand picked.
In any six $23.49
Each $24.99
ADDEDView Cart
Additional details
Enjoy now 3 to 5
The wine is then pressed out into large format French oak ‘botti’ where it completes malolactic fermentation and is matured up to 12 months prior to bottling.
The nose shows lifted dark cherry with subtle spice and violets leading to flavours of cherry and marzipan entwined with subtle notes of rose and tar.
Soft fine tannin and balanced acidity giving length and persistence.
Varietal Composition: